Research & Scholarly Activity
- Research and scholarly projects are an integral part of the Mercy Transitional Year Residency Program.
- Residents participate in monthly Journal Clubs, Morbidity and Mortality/Patient Safety/Quality Improvement Conferences, and informal presentations during teaching rounds.
- Residents are encouraged to work with clinical faculty in research projects of interest to them, to seek out opportunities to be published, and to participate in other resident educational avenues including case-based presentations during Wednesday didactic conferences.
- Mercy sponsors an annual Research Symposium in May that all residents are expected to attend. Residents are encouraged to submit any research or scholarly project they are involved in for consideration for a poster or podium presentation.
- Our faculty and residents are currently involved in a variety of research projects and our faculty have published in various journals. Our faculty present at numerous local, regional and state educational venues.