Welcome to Mercy Health – St. Vincent Medical Center’s Neurology Residency Program. Our mission is to provide an excellent educational and clinical experience in a strong academic and community setting, and to develop the highest quality, caring, and compassionate Clinical Neurologists. Our Faculty are committed to preparing the Neurology Residents and equipping the Residents with medical knowledge and clinical skills necessary to be confident in taking care of patients with neurological diseases. The Neurology residency is a three-year program following a preparatory year fully accredited by ACGME. Potential for availability of the internship year is also included. We currently are approved to accept four new residents per year.
- Our educational program provides focused, in-depth didactic lecture(s) to ensure excellent medical knowledge preparation
- Extensive hands on clinical experiences in a high-volume, high variety neurological diseases that can be seen in inpatient and outpatient practice settings
- Continuous faculty involvement by direct supervision in a collegial, supportive, and educational environment
- Dedicated Neuro-Intensive Care Unit (NICU) fully staffed by fellowship trained and certified Neurologist and Neurointensivist that are passionate and motivated to provide the best education to our Residents
- Three fellowship trained epilepsy Neurologist
- Very active outpatient multiple sclerosis, EEG, and EMG practice
- Fourth Mobile Stroke Unit in the country and first 24/7 unit worldwide
- Dedicated two biplane neuro-angiography rooms with active Interventional Neurology program
- Neuro Endovascular Fellowship
- Clinical research infrastructure with involvement in clinical trials, and investigator initiated studies with Research Coordinators, a Research Manager, and statistical support.